Greenhouse Gatefold Card!

Hello, today I am sharing this greenhouse card that I made over the weekend. I had this idea after buying a cute Sizzix die set called Garden Shed. I used them, plus a couple of extra garden themed dies from my stash, to decorate the inside. I created the front of the card from a piece of 12 x 6 inch white card which I scored at 3 and 9 inches to create a gatefold card. I then cut of the two top corners to create the roof.
 

I then sketched, using a pencil and a ruler, where I wanted to cut out all the panels to create window frames. I decided I wanted to add a bit of texture to the front panels, so I ran them through a wooden texture embossing folder. Then, using a cutting mat, I carefully cut out all panels with a craft knife and a ruler. I actually ended up breaking my craft knife I was crafting so hard!

After all the panels were removed, I had a delicate frame. I attached some acetate to the back of each of the two doors and the greenhouse really started to take shape! I lined the inside of the card with some light wood grain paper and then started the real fun - decorating! 


There is something so cute about these dies and it was so satisfying when it finally all came together. I cut the dies using various different shade of coloured, kraft, metallic and mirrored card and distressed each with a little ink to make it seem more worn and used. 


Then all I had to do was carefully glue them all down where I wanted them using my favourite cosmic shimmer acrylic glue. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I hope you like it too. Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Fantastic design, well worth the time. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love everything about this, perfect for any gardener, fabulous hand cut window doors too! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steph, I really enjoyed making this card :)

      Delete
  3. Love all the little details like the metallic parts on the tools. It would make a great catd for my father-in-law! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nozomi, I love making gardening cards they are great for so many people.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box