Teal and Pink Anniversary Card

Hello and happy Wednesday. Today I am sharing an anniversary card. I like to have a few of each card theme in stock in case one is needed at the last minute. Here is one that is quite fancy and frilly but it has lots of little details if you look closely.


To begin I actually made all the flowers. The pink ones are made from pearlised card. I cut two layers of a flower die for each one. To give them their shape I wet each layer and shaped each petal by gentle scrunching it around a pen to give it a curved shaped. Once dry I added a little distress oxide to the edges of each petal and then glued them together. The smaller foam flowers were cut out of a different die, inked on the edges again and then heated on an iron to make them curl. I added a few stamens then glued them together again.


I then die cut all the card layers and inked some of the edges again in the same worn lipstick distress oxide. I did some partial stamping across the two white layers using an Altenew stamp set (watercolour doodles), and embossed them using mint julep embossing powder by Sizzix. It has a little bit of a sparkle to it which is subtle but pretty. I then used metallic water colours to colour some of the flowers and leaves. Most of this got covered up with the flower arrangement but it adds a little something to the cohesivness of the card. I continued the embossing of the stamp set onto the mint coloured background to get a tone on tone effect. 


Then all I had to do was assemble! Its great when a card comes together and you are happy with it. I added a few sequins and a large tulle bow to finish, plus a sentiment die cut from the same card the flowers are made from. Thank you for reading! Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Another amazing card, Emma! The flowers look like they were freshly picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous soft look, I love creating with pearlised card too, gives such a lovely effect ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the soft colours. Emma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box