Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box

Hello friends, sorry that it has been a little while. I've had a busy few months but I finally completed a big personal goal. To celebrate I treated myself to a Papercraft Society box from Craftstash and thought I would share what I thought of it!

The Papercraft Society runs as a subscription service, but also offers the option of one off purchases for a limited number of surplus boxes. This is the method I chose, I was so enamoured by the Daisy Mae box that I had to have it! And boy was I glad I bought it! 

The box came with a gorgeous stamp set, hand drawn by Clare Rowlands in her beautiful whimsical style. There are also matching dies for the majority of the stamps, for those that don't enjoy fussy cutting. You get a selection of card stock, including water colour card to use with the watercolour pencils included. There are also matching patterned papers, pre-die cut sentiments, some adorable heart shaped wooden buttons, rustic brown twine, a large amount of jute/hessian ribbon and most excitingly fake snow! This adds a lovely finishing touch to your projects and is easy enough to add to the stamped images with a little bit of glue.

So what did I make with the box? 

I am a robin lover, so I was first drawn to the adorable robin stamps and bird bath. With a bit of clever masking I stamped the robins to look as if they are sitting on the bird bath onto the watercolour card stock included. I then used the watercolour pencils from the box, and a few of my own watercolours from my palette to colour them in. A few highlights with a gel pen and a bit of fussy cutting later I mounted my coloured scene onto a die cut layered octagon. Using more torn edge Daisy Mae dies from Craft Stash. I also used the largest of these dies to cut the card base into an octagon. The corner was finished off with a bit of stamping using one of my favourite stamps in the box, the cute little pine branch! 


I next made a stepper card, to create somewhat of a dimensional scene. A bit of ink blending for the background using versafine inks, and I coloured the stamped images using alcohol markers. 


Next I used my favourite pine branch stamp to make the structure of two more cards! A wreath and then a Christmas tree!


All cards were made using only elements from the box, with just a few added basics like inks and glue. There is plenty more left in the box to make so many more projects! 

Overall I would highly recommend the papercraft society boxes. I have loved creating these cards with it. Everything included was an excellent quality. As a big Daisy Mae fan I couldn't miss this box and was so happy to buy it as a one off purchase. It would be a lovely treat for someone, and I'm sure many people would love a subscription to it as a gift, especially people new to crafting. It is an expensive box however, so for me it was definitely more of a treat purchase than something I could afford long term.

Comments

  1. Wonderful set of festive makes, love the idea of stamping a tree from the pine branch but my favourite card is the robins! I too would only be able to do a one off box purchase as a treat but might struggle to use some of the bits included as I don't use embellishments that much ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph, I have to agree that I do really like the stamps in some of boxes but can't justify the full box price just for them especially if the other items in the box I already have similar or aren't really my thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.