Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Hello, today I wanted to write a bit of a tutorial on the rolled watercolour flowers I have been making, as I got a few requests on how they were made. Quite simple and a nice way to brighten up your card!


To make them you will need some thin watercolour card, a rolled rose die, I used one from a magazine and one from a craft work cards wreath set, purchased from craftstash. Then you will need something to colour them with, I used watercolours and a paintbrush. Then a pair of tweezer to roll and shape them.


Cut the flowers using your dies, I could do two at a time with my watercolour card. Then I added the colour as is shown below. Allow them to dry until they are just slightly damp. It isn't completely necessary to do this step, but I used my flower shaping tool and a foam mat to curl each of the petals upwards, by pressing down on each petal on the back of the coloured side. Then use your tweezers to curl the flowers, starting from the outside of the die cut inwards, with the coloured side facing in. Secure the rose by adding a bit of glue on the last/bottom petal.


To create a more rustic shape you can slightly press on the top of the petals to remove the harsh upwards shape of the petals. 


However, for a neater effect, as shown on the roses below I curled the edges of the petals under using my tweezers. I did this starting with the outer petals but did this a few layers in until I felt I had a realistic shape.


And there you go! Once I made a few I found I could cut and colour lots at once. You can have lots of pretty handmade flowers in no time!

Comments

  1. Those roses are absolutely stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial Emma! Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers - So effective. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always shy away from making dimensional flowers as I'd have to make a box for the card to go in!
    Your roses are gorgeous framing the heart x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I find these ones fit an envelope fine as they hold their shape really well when dry!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.