Opulent birthday pop-up box card.

Hi, I hope you are all doing well. Today I am sharing this card I made a couple of weekends ago. I haven't been feeling so well recently so have only been able to do little bits of crafting here and there. However I really love the colour scheme I used for this pop up box card and I am working towards making an anniversary card in similar tones.
This card was in part inspired by the paper pad I used. An opulent forever friends one by Papermania. Such beautiful foiled papers and I wanted to use one of my new Sizzix die sets to make the little party items to go in the box.


I started by making the box shape, using my scoring tool and I used a die from the works to add the scalloped edges. I then added a little gold ink to these to make them stand out. I then matted and layered the gold and spotty papers onto each of the 8 panels. This in itself took quite awhile but it was worth making sure I had all the layers relatively even. 


I then added the bars in the middle for the acetate strips to stick onto. I used the Sizzix dies from a birthday shadow box die set to make the decorations. I used gold mirror card and textured cream card by tonic for them all. I coloured some of the cream card with spun sugar distress oxide to give a nice bit of contrast. They were quite fiddly to glue together, but well worth the effort. I added a few gems and enamel dots to finish them off.


Finally I just had to assemble. I arranged the banner first, as I wanted to keep it to the size of an A6 envelope. I didn't get quite as much height as I would've liked but it still turned out nice I think. Finally I heat embossed a happy birthday onto a bit of the same cream card and cut a gold rosette using an Alina crafts die. Thank you for reading, wishing you all a lovely week.

Comments

  1. I love this gorgeous pop-up box Emma, sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly... Sending crafty hugs across the ether, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Clare :) I'm always sad when I can't craft, hoping it passes soon :)

      Delete
  2. Love the royal blue dotty/foil paper & sweet pop up elements, one classy box! Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better, Emma. I love this shade of blue and the whole colour scheme. Sometimes, I get a bit carried away with cards like this and end of having to make my own envelopes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box