Making succulents with flower forming foam.

I recently tried my hand at using flower forming foam to create some basic flower shapes. I then decided to step it up a notch and try using the dies I had in my stash to make some foamarian succulents! 
I started by cutting the two larger outer layers of the succulents using craft work cards create a wreath dies 2 out of crafters companion flower forming foam in a pale green colour. The four inner layers could be cut with any generic dies you have in your stash already!

To give the layers some more dimension I inked the edges with red or blue ink pads and a cotton bud. I also added a little green ink to the middle of the succulents by the same technique.

Then all I had to do was carefully heat them on the iron - on a medium low heat setting until they curled up. Quickly whilst they were still a bit hot I shaped them with a ball tool. Once cool I glued them together with my trusty cosmic shimmer glue. I'm quite happy with how they turned out! If anyone tries making foam succulents I would love to see them! 

Comments

  1. Love the realistic look of these succulents, flower forming foam is not something I've tried ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph, I was a bit intimidated at first but now I really love it, the foam really transforms!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Emma :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box