Sweetie Shop Card

Today I am sharing this sweetie shop card that I made at the weekend using the new Daisy Mae Designs village bakery range! I was inspired by the sweetie shelf to make this card and thought the chocolate box and macaroon stamp together make a really yummy looking shop window! I'm sure a few of us are dreaming of going to a sweetie shop right now!
After stamping the images onto Neenah Solar White card with memento ink in Rich Coco, I  coloured them with my promarkers and fussy cut them out leaving a small border. I made the brick background by embossing the brick stamp in clear and then used the emboss resist technique over the top with a dovecraft brown ink pad and my blending brush. I used some rectangular nesting dies to cut out the appertures and made the window frame in a similar way, with a darker brown ink pad.
Next I knew I had to make a cute awning to match! I used a sizzix die, which I elongated with partial die cutting, and coloured it with my promarkers again. The shop was really coming together now. I used some rustic blue paper from a Daisy Mae paper pad for the shop wallpaper and added an acetate window for the full shop experience!
Then all I had to do was assemble the shop, a little bit of wiggling to get the pieces into place and it was all done! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I could have made it a shaker or added a little window box but I decided that it didn't really need one as the stamps really speak for themselves.

Comments

  1. This is really wonderful, love everything about it & so creative too ... Steph x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment so glad you like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rolled Watercolour Flowers Tutorial

Opulent birthday pop-up box card.

Review of the Daisy Mae Designs Papercraft Society Box